HillVets is proud to partner with the Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) to present this unique and timely fellowship opportunity for a post-9/11 veteran interested in pursuing a career in advocacy and public policy.
The fellowship will allow you to:
- Spend approximately 6 months as a Legislative Fellow in the Washington, DC office of a Member of Congress;
- Spend approximately 6 months as a Fellow with the WWP Government Affairs Team;
- Experience the legislative process, learn and develop advocacy skills from multiple angles, and mobilize around post-9/11 military and veteran issues with other dedicated policy professionals;
- Embed with a national non-profit, where you can practice hands-on government relations work;
- Participate in many WWP events, including Soldier Ride and Warrior Fly-Ins; and
- Enhance your professional network.
This fellowship opportunity differs from the HillVets House Fellowship, as it is in partnership with the Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP). The length of the fellowship will exceed the traditional 4-8 months and will require the fellow to work with the WWP Government Affairs team after their time in the Congressional office is over. Fellows will work on veteran-focused policy while at WWP, with an intended focus on the post-9/11 wounded, ill, or injured veteran population.
Click HERE to read the full Selection Press Release Announcement.